Dr. Sanjay Kucheria
M.S.,M.Ch. (Plastic Surgeon)
Dr. Sanjay Kucheria is a Plastic Surgeon who brings cutting edge procedures and world-class knowledge to his patients. He is one of the few surgeons central India, Indore who offers cosmetic surgery as well as advanced microvascular surgeries. He feels that despite differences in purpose, a thorough understanding of soft-tissue anatomy and the same surgical techniques underpin both disciplines. He has contributed to numerous plastic surgery publications over the years.
M.B.B.S.: Passed with 63% in 1986 from M.S. University of Baroda.
01/08/1987 to 31/07/1988 : 1st year residency in General Surgery under Prof. P.M. Trivedi.
01/08/1988 to 31/07/1989 : 2nd year in specialist rotation.
M.S. Passed with distinction in 1990 from M.S. University, Baroda.
01/12/1991 to 31/01/1993 : Worked as senior Resident in Plastic Surgery under Prof. S.N. Sharma.
M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery): Passed in March,1993, from M.S. University, Baroda.
Fellow in Microsurgery & Maxillofacial surgery at CGMH( Taiwan)
Fellow in Cosmetic surgery at Apollo hospital Chennai under DR .Arumugam
– Member of Association of Plastic Surgeon of India (APSI)
– Member Of Aesthetic Surgery Society of India (AASSI)
– Member of National Academy of Burns, India (NABI)
– Member of Indian Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (ISROM)
-Member of Society for Hair Restoration Surgeons of India.
– Attached to most Prestigious International Charitable Organisation ‘SMILE TRAIN’ for operating poor patients of cleft lip and cleft palate free of cost at CHL Medical centre. Indore.
– At present working with CHL Hospital, Greater Kailash Hospital, Bombay Hospital & Medanta Hospital in Indore
1. Worked as casualty officer handling and treating surgical emergencies, both traumatic & non traumatic .
2. Vast experience in Maxillo-facial Surgeries, Hand Surgeries, & Reconstructive Surgery Both Orthopedic/Oncology related and various congenital anomaties like cleft lip, Cleft palate, Hypospadias etc.
3. Got exclusive training of cosmetic surgery under Dr. S.P. Arumugum, Chicago.
4. Well experienced in Management of Acute Burns as well as all type of post burns deformities and contratures.
5. Specially trained in Microvascular Surgery both planned and emergency.
6. Patients of plastic surgery, including ACUTE BURNS, POST BURN DEFORMITIES, MAXILLO-FACIAL/HAND TRAUMA, [including thumb & wrist level reimplantation] VARIOUS CONGENITAL ANOMALIES[including cleft lip & palate, haemangioma, hypospadius], and many cosmetic surgeries e.g. RHINOPLASTY, LIPO SUCTION, BREAST REDUCTION ETC.
7. First successful reimplantation in 3 months old childof crushed hand in Central India in 2006.
8. First successful reimplantation of the foot in 2009.
9. Having a large series of liposuction and abdominoplasty patients and vertical scar mastopxy.
10. Experience of more than 22 years with dedicated
service in the field of Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery & till now operated more than 6000 patients .
CONFERENCE / WORKSHOPS
1. Attended National and State level Conference in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery.
2. Participated & assisted all cases of “RHINOPLASTY WORKSHOP” and “WORKSHOP ON BODY CONTOURING SURGERIES” and “OCCULOPLASTIC SURGERY WORKSHOP” conducted by DR. SATISH VYAS [U.S.A.] in 1994/ 1995/ 1996 at Indore.
3. Awarded best poster presentation during 7th NATIONAL NEURO TRAUMA CONFERENCE, INDORE, AUG-1998 for “BRAIN FUNGUS & ORTICOCHEA FLAP”.
4. Received best poster prize for reconstruction of haemangioma of face by local flaps in Banglore Conference, 2002
5. Presented a paper on “FREE FLAP COVERAGE FOR “VASTUS LATERALIS & GRACILLIS FLAP” LOWER EXTREMITY DEFECT” IN APSICON 2003 AT OOTY.
6. Worked as an Organising secretary for NABICON 2006 at Indore.
7. Attended “INTERNATIONAL INSTRUCTIONAL COURSE ON FACIAL REJUVENATION & USE OF LASERS IN AESTHETIC PLASTIC SURGERY” AT BOMBAY 2003 and 2007.
8. Attended NABICON 2013 at Baroda & presented a Best poster for sequential Surgeries in electrical injury to the hand.
9. Attended HAIRCON 2011/2012 at Mumbai and Kolkata.
10. Conducted plastic surgery camps for last 14 years at kopergaon(maharashtra) with the help of BARODA PLASTIC SURGERY TEAM / ROTARY CLUB KOPERGAON & operated more than 1200 patients .