Simla Agreement, also known as the Shimla Agreement, is an important diplomatic accord between India and Pakistan. It was signed on July 2, 1972. This landmark agreement aims to establish peace and normalize relations between the two neighboring nations.
The Simla Agreement was signed in Shimla, a picturesque hill station in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, India. It was the result of extensive negotiations between the heads of governments of India and Pakistan at that time.
The agreement was a significant step towards resolving the conflicts and disputes between India and Pakistan, particularly concerning the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It outlined the framework for future talks and bilateral engagement.
You can read more about the Simla Agreement and its historical significance here.
Other Agreement-Related Topics
- Recruitment company employment agreement – Learn about the essential aspects of an employment agreement between a recruitment company and its employees.
- How to type up a child support agreement – A comprehensive guide on how to create a legally binding child support agreement.
- Sample agreement for work – Explore a sample agreement template that can be used for various work-related contracts and agreements.
- Trade-in credit agreement Texas – Discover the intricacies of credit agreements related to trade-in transactions in the state of Texas.
- 8 letter word for signed legal agreement – Test your wordplay skills and find an eight-letter word that signifies a signed legal agreement.
- Learning agreement HS Aalen – Get insights into the learning agreement process at HS Aalen, a renowned German university.
- Horizontal anti-competitive agreements – Understand the implications and consequences of horizontal anti-competitive agreements in the business world.
- Agreement between two methods – Compare and analyze the agreement between two different methods or approaches for a particular task or problem.
- California commercial real estate contract – Explore the essential elements and legal requirements of a commercial real estate contract in California.